How to Make the Best CBD Gummies at Home
The best way to relieve anxiety and pain is to take CBD. It’s completely natural and comes from a plant; there are no chemicals or questionable manufacturing processes involved, like what you would find in the creation of prescription medications. One of the ways to consume a dose of CBD is by eating CBD gummies. You can buy these CBD gummies online or in some stores, but it’s much easier to make them yourself.
Why Should You Make Your Own CBD Gummies?
There are many great reasons for making your own CBD gummies rather than buying them. If you usually smoke to help you relax, CBD gummies are a good alternative, because they give you the same relaxation without having to inhale a large amount of smoke.
Most CBD gummies you’ll find are made with hemp, so you get all of the same health benefits without the need to get high. It’s also a heck of a lot cheaper to make them yourself. If you take CBD gummies every day, it saves you a lot of time to make them at home, and it doesn’t even take very long. The overall process is only about 25 minutes, if not less time, to make the gummy concoction. You should only have to make a batch once a month.
Steps to Make the Best CBD Gummies
- Check legality in your state
- Gather your materials
- Make the gummy mixture
- Pour gummies into the mold
- Refrigerate then enjoy
Step 1: Check Legality in Your State
Making and selling CBD gummies isn’t legal in every state. Don’t assume that these laws are just for CBD gummies that contain marijuana; it applies to ones made from hemp too. You should check online what the laws are in your state before starting, just in case. It’s always best to check if you aren’t 100% certain.
Try looking at these articles we found that might help you obtain information on your state’s laws on CBD:
- 17 States with Laws Specifically about Legal Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Marijuana, Hemp, CBD Oil: What’s Legal and Where
Step 2: Gather Your Materials and Ingredients
This recipe for CBD gummies is sort of a general set of instructions for any type of flavored gummies you want to make. Feel free to change or multiply the ingredient amounts to your preference or increase/decrease the amount of CBD tincture added to alter the resulting potency of each gummy.
If you follow these instructions, you should come out with about 50 gummies that have around 5mg of CBD in each gummy. Of course, there’s no way to get precisely 5mg in each since the CBD is added before the mixture gets poured into the mold, but it should be close to 5, as long as you mix it well.
Materials and Ingredients Needed:
- Silicone molds in the shape of your choosing. The yield of 50 gummies applies for gummy bear shaped molds
- Condiment bottle (any squeeze bottle will do)
- 1 pot (the kind of pot that goes on the stove, not the kind that you smoke)
- Small funnel, to fit inside the opening on the squeeze bottle
- 1 oz CBD tincture of your choice
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ c coconut water
- 1 c flavored juice. You can also combine tea with a fruit juice for a more exciting flavor.
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt (for added health benefits)
Step 3: Make the Gummy Mixture
Making the gummies is pretty simple as long as you follow the steps. If you decide to make a little extra than what this recipe calls for, make sure you stir it longer to ensure consistency.
- Add your coconut water to the pot, turn on your stove to medium-high heat and bring it to a boil
- Now add the salt, fruit juice or another flavoring, and honey
- Give it a quick stir and then reduce the heat and let simmer until the honey dissolves completely and all ingredients in the pot are combined well. You might want to occasionally stir it so that the honey doesn’t burn at the bottom
- Add the gelatin
- Stir vigorously for 5 minutes
- Add your CBD tincture, mix well, and then follow the next steps for pouring the mixture into the gummy bear mold.
Step 4: Pour Gummies into the Mold
No matter what shape of gummy you choose, use a silicone mold. Otherwise, the gummy bears will come apart when you’re trying to pry them free from whatever type of mold you chose to buy instead of silicone. You can still eat them that way; they just won’t be as impressive looking.
The first thing you need to do is turn the stove off, so you don’t catch your house on fire. Next, get out the funnel and squeeze bottle. Put them together, in the way that you assume. The next action is to pour the mixture from the pot, through the funnel, and into the squeeze bottle, being careful not to spill any. Any loss of the gummy mixture will cause some gummies to be less potent. Squeeze it into the molds and make them as full as you can.
Step 5: Refrigerate then Enjoy
Place the filled mold in the fridge and wait at least 20-30 minutes.
While you’re waiting, you can use the rest of your CBD tincture to make some other cool products, like a calming shampoo, pain-relief cream, lip balm, lotion, or hard candies. There’s a lot of great ideas on Pinterest and CBD websites. You can get creative with it and try new ideas as well. Anything that contains CBD is going to sell quickly due to the current fad surrounding CBD products.
Try Before Sharing
Once your gummies are finished solidifying, you can eat one right away. If we were you, we would eat one first and see how it makes us feel before eating another and definitely before giving them to other people. This is where state law is a big deal.
If CBD gummies are illegal in your state, you can get in a lot of trouble if you get caught giving homemade gummies out to other people. But, if it’s legal, then enjoy yourself and try taking 1 or 2 every morning to keep you calm all day and to reduce stress.